OKLAHOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING
WEDNESDAY, March 9, 2022, AT 10 AM
Oklahoma Department of Transportation
First Floor Commission room
200 NE 21ST STREET, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
- Announcement of COMPLIANCE WITH THE OPEN MEETING AcT, filing of meeting notice, and posting of the agenda — Chairman Jerry Hunter and Chris Wadsworth, Chief of Staff
Pursuant to the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, this meeting shall be held at the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) First Floor Commission Room, 200 NE 21st Street in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission Meeting is open to the general public, but it is also available to watch through the link listed below:
Public access meeting link: https://video.ibm.com/channel/CKEfwftDGHz
Make sure the volume on your PC (or other device) and the Ustream volume are turned up.
The meeting will be electronically recorded and audio livestreamed from 200 NE 21st St., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105.
Public Access to complete Commission Packet: www.oac.ok.gov
- CALL TO ORDER AND RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT — Chairman Hunter and Andrea Post, Executive Assistant to Director Grayson Ardies
- APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING FROM January 26, 2022 — Chairman Hunter and Andrea Post
- Staff Longevity Recognition — Chairman Hunter and Grayson Ardies, State Director of Aeronautics
Commission staff member Sandra Shelton will be recognized for her years of service.
- Approval to fill Position – Director Ardies
The Director will seek approval from the Commission to fill a vacant Aviation Program Manager position.
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT — Director Ardies
- OkACTE STEM Mid-Winter Conference at Francis Tuttle – Jan. 28
- Oklahoma Military Airspace Compatibility Assessment Portal (OMACAMP) wind farm tour and steering committee meeting – Feb. 1
- Oklahoma Commanders Summit – Feb. 9
- Tulsa Air & Space Museum Heart of Oklahoma Aerospace Luncheon – Feb. 14
- State Chamber Legislative Reception – Feb. 16
- Tour/visit of Oklahoma State University Flight Training Center – Feb. 18
- Advanced Mobility Advisory Council Meeting – Feb. 23
- Engineers Flying Club - Mar. 1
- National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) Washington Legislative Conference – Mar. 2 – 4
- LEGISLATIVE, CONGRESSIONAL AND REGULATORY UPDATE — Sandra Shelton, Government Relations and Communications Manager
The Commission will be briefed on legislation and public policy issues concerning airports, aviation and aerospace and Commission legislative initiatives for the 2022 Legislative session.
- PARTNERSHIP WITH THE OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE for the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) AirVenture event in Oshkosh, WIsconsin, July 25 – 31, 2022 – Director Ardies
The Commission will consider approving a $5,000 partnership with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce and other Oklahoma-based companies and organizations to sponsor and exhibit at the EAA AirVenture event in Oshkosh, WI, on July 25 – 31, 2022.
- FINANCIAL REPORT — Chris Wadsworth, Chief of Staff
The Commission will be briefed on current financial figures for FY2022.
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) United States Contract Tower Association (USCTA) Policy Board Strategic Planning Meeting – Nick Young, Airports Division Manager
The Commission will be briefed on the AAAE USCTA Policy Board Strategic Planning Meeting on February 3 – 4, 2022 in Nashville, TN.
- Aerospace & Aviation Education Program Update – Paula Kedy, Aerospace & Aviation Education Program Coordinator
- Aviation Education Grant Program
- FAA Workforce Development Grant
- Mayes County Superintendents & Cherokee Nation Education, Feb. 14
- Choose Aerospace Curriculum Meeting, Feb. 15
- Rose State Aviation Education Pathway Development, Feb. 17
- Kingfisher Public Schools, Feb. 28
- Grandfield Airport / Grandfield Public Schools, March 1
- Distribution of donated simulators, March 3
- East Central University “OK is Aviation” Day, March 8
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Professional Development Update AND EVENT SPONSORSHIP – Director Ardies and Ms. Kedy
The Commission will be updated on the recent announcement of the AOPA plans to host their teacher development training for the “You Can Fly” curriculum in Oklahoma. The Commission will also consider a $5,000 sponsorship to host this event in Oklahoma.
- Five Year AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM – Mr. Young
The Commission will be briefed on the projects being recommended for inclusion in the Commission’s FY2023-2027 Airport Construction Program (ACP). The Commission’s ACP is the programming guide for federal, state, and local funds for airport development consistent with the Oklahoma Airport System Plan. Staff requests that the ACP move into the public comment phase. The ACP will be presented to the Commission for formal approval during the May Commission meeting.
- Airport Construction Grant Program Consent Docket – Ben Naghavi, Airport Engineer
Any Commissioner may request that any or all of these items be considered individually.
- The Commission will consider approving a state grant for a project that is currently identified in the Commission’s approved Airport Construction Program at Kingfisher Municipal Airport. The project consists of reconstructing the taxilanes and apron area. Based on bids, the total project cost is $394,013 and will be funded with $374,312 of state grant funds and $19,701 of sponsor matching funds. An approval is contingent upon the Commission receiving an acceptable grant application.
- The Commission will consider approving a state grant for a project that is currently identified in the Commission’s approved Airport Construction Program at Pauls Valley Municipal Airport. The project consists of constructing a 100’ x 100’ hangar as part of the 2022 Statewide Hangar Grant Program. Based on bids, the total project cost is $1,179,747 and will be funded with $770,000 of federal grant funds, $68,888 of ARPA funds, $300,000 of state grant funds, and $40,859 of sponsor matching funds. An approval is contingent upon the Commission receiving an acceptable grant application.
- Various Locations GRANT – Kelly Fincannon, Chief Airport Engineer
The Commission will consider approving to allow staff to move forward in accordance with Title 3, Section 85 of Oklahoma State Statutes and act as an agent for the following cities’ airports for the development of Preliminary Engineering Reports (PER) and accepting a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) grant offer. The estimated cost of the project is $376,000 and will be funded with $338,400 of federal grant funds and $37,600 of sponsor matching funds.
- PER - Cushing Municipal Airport
- PER - Enid-Woodring Regional Airport
- PER - Hobart Regional Airport
- PER - Muskogee-Davis Regional Airport
- PER - Sallisaw Municipal Airport
- ADMINISTRATIVE RULES FOR THE OKLAHOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION — Michelle Bouziden, Grants Administrator
The Commission will consider approving the recommended changes to the agency’s administrative rules regarding the OAC Airport Grant Program. These changes will establish the Commission’s newly introduced Loan Program and identify a hangar as an acceptable new construction project under the existing Airport Construction Program.
- AVIATION ART CONTEST — Sandra Shelton, Government Relations and Communications Manager
Commissioners will be briefed on the 2022 State Aviation Art Contest. This year’s contest theme was “Design Your Perfect Aircraft.” 560 entries were received representing 57 schools across the state. Contest judging occurred February 17, 2022.
18. REVIEW OF UPCOMING AVIATION AND AEROSPACE EVENTS — Sandra Shelton
Commissioners will be briefed on upcoming events through the state.
19. CONCLUDING REMARKS REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS — Director Ardies and Commissioners
20. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING — Chairman Hunter
The Commission will announce the date, time and place for the next Commission meeting.
21. NEW BUSINESS (“any matter not known about or which could not be reasonably foreseen 24 hours before the meeting”)
This notice was posted prominently and publicly at the principal offices of the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission at 110 N. Robinson, Suite 200, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation at 200 NE 21st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, March 8, 2022, and the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission website at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, March 8, 2022.
Chief of Staff
3.8.2022 9:25 AM