OKLAHOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2022, AT 10 AM
Oklahoma Department of Transportation
First Floor Commission room
200 NE 21ST STREET, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
- Announcement of COMPLIANCE WITH THE OPEN MEETING AcT, filing of meeting notice, and posting of the agenda — Chairman Jerry Hunter and Chris Wadsworth, Chief of Staff
Pursuant to the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, this meeting shall be held at the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) First Floor Commission Room, 200 NE 21st Street in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission Meeting is open to the general public, but it is also available to watch through the link listed below:
Public access meeting link: https://video.ibm.com/channel/CKEfwftDGHz
Make sure the volume on your PC (or other device) and the Ustream volume are turned up.
The meeting will be electronically recorded and audio livestreamed from 200 NE 21st St., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105.
Public Access to complete Commission Packet: www.oac.ok.gov
- CALL TO ORDER AND RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT — Chairman Hunter and Andrea Post, Executive Assistant to Director Grayson Ardies
- APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING FROM DECEMBER 14, 2021 — Chairman Hunter and Andrea Post
- Introduction of new Aviation Program Intern — Grayson Ardies, State Director of Aeronautics
The Commission will be introduced to the agency’s new aviation program intern, Henil Rathod, who started with the Commission on January 10.
- Introduction of new Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Program Manager — Director Ardies
The Commission will be introduced to the agency’s new UAS program manager, Doug Wood, who started with the Commission on January 18.
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT — Director Ardies
- University of Oklahoma Aerospace and Defense MBA Class at DRG – Dec. 16
- Oklahoma Airport Operators Association’s (OAOA) Oklahoma Certified Airport Professionals Program – Business Attraction and Retention Panel – Jan. 5
- Oklahoma Airport Operators Association General Membership Meeting in Guthrie – Jan. 18
- Advanced Mobility Council Meeting – Jan. 20
- National Association of State Aviation Officials Board Meeting – Jan. 20
- LEGISLATIVE, CONGRESSIONAL AND REGULATORY UPDATE — Director Ardies The Commission will be briefed on legislation and public policy issues concerning airports, aviation and aerospace and Commission legislative initiatives for the 2021 Legislative session.
- 2022 Legislative Session
- Congressional Update – Infrastructure Investment in Jobs Act
- Regulatory Update
- sponsorship of Aero Oklahoma Day at the Capitol – Director Ardies
The Commission will consider approving a $1,000 sponsorship for Aero Oklahoma Day at the Capitol scheduled for March 30, 2022, from 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- PARTNERSHIP/SPONSORSHIP WITH THE OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE FOR the 2022 MRO Americas Conference – Director Ardies
The Commission will consider approving a $5,000 partnership/sponsorship with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce for a state exhibit booth at the MRO Americas Conference, April 26, - 28, 2022, in Dallas, Texas.
- Partnership with Oklahoma Department of Commerce for Aerospace States Association (ASA) Membership – Director Ardies
The Commission will consider approving a $1,500 partnership with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce for annual ASA membership dues.
- OKLAHOMA AIRPORT OPERATORS ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP – Director Ardies
The Commission will consider renewing its annual membership in the Oklahoma Airport Operators Association (OAOA) for calendar year 2022 and serving as a sponsor for the OAOA Annual Conference, April 10 – 13, 2022, in Oklahoma City. The estimated cost is $5,000.
- Statewide Commercial Air Service Agreement – Director Ardies
The Commission will consider authorizing staff to enter into an agreement for conducting an initial statewide air service study with Forecast, Inc., at an estimated cost of $60,000, and will consider approving a partnership with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce for this project.
- FINANCIAL REPORT — Chris Wadsworth, Chief of Staff
The Commission will be briefed on current financial figures for FY2022.
- Aerospace & Aviation Education Program Update – Paula Kedy, Aerospace & Aviation Education Program Coordinator
- Aviation Education Grant Program Discussion
- FAA Workforce Development Grant
- Greater Western Oklahoma Aviation Education Summit at Stafford Air & Space Museum in Weatherford, January 14
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Professional Development – Director Ardies and Ms. Kedy
The Commission will be briefed on the recent announcement of the AOPA plans to host their teacher development training for the “You Can Fly” curriculum in Oklahoma.
- Flight Simulator DONATION to Oklahoma AOPA High SchoolS – Director Ardies and Ms. Kedy
The Commission will be briefed on a recent donation of flight simulators from the Corporate Aircraft Association to the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission to support the Oklahoma AOPA High Schools. The Commission will consider authorizing a plan to provide these simulators to schools teaching the AOPA “You Can Fly” curriculum.
- OKLAHOMA AIRPORT SYSTEM PLAN UPDATE – Nick Young, Airports Division Manager
The Commission will be briefed on the status of the Oklahoma Airport System Plan project.
- Wind Energy Development Act Compliance – Mr. Young
The Commission will be briefed on 2021 submittals in compliance with Title 17 requirements.
- Five Year AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM – Mr. Young
The Commission will consider approving engineering fees and authorizing staff to enter into a contract for the design, bidding, and construction administration of the Automated Weather Observation System (AWOS) package.
A. The estimated cost of the engineering fees for the first group of AWOS projects at Ada Regional, Alva Regional, and Fairview Municipal airports is $97,485 and will be funded with $92,610 of state grant funds and $4,875 of sponsor matching funds.
B. The estimated cost of the engineering fees for the second group of AWOS projects at Claremore Regional, Grove Municipal, Sallisaw Municipal, and South Grand Lake Regional airports is $117,900 and will be funded with $112,005 of state grant funds and $5,895 of sponsor matching funds.
- Upcoming PROJECTS FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2022 — Mr. Young
The Commission will be briefed on upcoming airport projects that will likely be granted for calendar year 2022.
21. PROPOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION TO DISCUSS THE EMPLOYMENT OF THE DIRECTOR PURSUANT TO TITLE 25, SECTION 307(B)(1) OF THE OKLAHOMA STATUTES — Chairman Hunter
A. Vote to Convene in Executive Session
- Vote to Acknowledge Return to Open Session
- Vote on Any Action Regarding Subject of the Proposed Executive Session
Action Required if Necessary
22. CONCLUDING REMARKS REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS — Director Ardies and Commissioners
23. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING — Chairman Hunter
The Commission will announce the date, time and place for the next Commission meeting.
24. NEW BUSINESS (“any matter not known about or which could not be reasonably foreseen 24 hours before the meeting”)
This notice was posted prominently and publicly at the principal offices of the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission at 110 N. Robinson, Suite 200, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation at 200 NE 21st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, January 25, 2022, and the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission website at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, January 25, 2022.
Chief of Staff
1.24.2022 10:00 PM