OKLAHOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2021, AT 10 AM
Oklahoma Department of Transportation
First Floor Commission room
200 NE 21ST STREET, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Phone: 1-408-638-0968, Webinar ID: 820 8153 1998
- Announcement of COMPLIANCE WITH THE OPEN MEETING AcT, filing of meeting notice, and posting of the agenda — Chairman James “Jim” Putnam; Chris Wadsworth, Chief of Staff
Pursuant to the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, this meeting shall be held with a quorum of commissioners present at the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) First Floor Conference Room, 200 NE 21st Street in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The in-person meeting space for commissioners at ODOT will follow CDC guidelines and be socially distanced to maintain a safe environment in light of COVID-19. In accordance with Governor Kevin Stitt’s executive orders, anyone entering a state agency building is required to wear a face mask. Only a very limited number of staff will physically be in the commission room to uphold social distancing requirements.
Meeting presenters, members of the public, and guests are encouraged to attend virtually by way of the following:
Phone: 1-408-638-0968, Webinar ID: 820 8153 1998
Streaming video: https://video.ibm.com/channel/CKEfwftDGHz
The public may access the Meeting agenda and materials relied upon by the Commissioners at: www.oac.ok.gov
- CALL TO ORDER AND RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT — Chairman Jim Putnam and Andrea Post, Executive Assistant to Director Grayson Ardies
- APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING FROM DECEMBER 2, 2020 — Chairman Jim Putnam and Andrea Post
- Introduction of new congressional district 3 commissioner charles Ortega and new Congressional district 5 commissioner blake raney — Chairman Jim Putnam and Director Ardies
The Commission will be introduced to new District 3 Commissioner Charles Ortega from Altus and new District 5 Commissioner Blake Raney from Edmond.
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT— Director Ardies
- Interview with KSWO-TV – Dec. 2
- Rising Star Racing and Dallara Reception – Dec. 7
- Norman Chamber of Commerce Aviation & Transportation Committee Meeting – Dec. 8
- Tour of Francis Tuttle Aircraft Sheet Metal and Aircraft Electrician programs – Dec. 8
- Tour of Oklahoma History Center space exhibit and discussion of possible future aviation exhibit – Dec. 15
- Named in Journal Record’s “Power 15” in Aviation & Aeronautics in Oklahoma
- Remote Air Traffic Control
6. FINANCIAL REPORT — Chris Wadsworth, Chief of Staff
The Commission will be briefed on current financial figures for FY2021.
- Oklahoma Women in Aviation and Aerospace Day Virtual Event - Sandra Shelton, Communications and Government Affairs Coordinator
The Commission will be briefed on the Oklahoma Women in Aviation and Aerospace Day Virtual Event that took place on December 9, 2020.
- fEDERAL aVIATION aDMINISTRATION (FAA) AND OKLAhOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION (OAC) Airport Capital Planning Process – Director Ardies
The Commission will be briefed on the December 1, 2020 meeting between the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission (OAC) and the process of project selection.
- Oklahoma military airspace compatibility assessment mapping portal project Update – Director Ardies; Thomas Galloway, Aviation Program Manager
The Commission will be briefed on the status of the Oklahoma Military Airspace Compatibility Assessment Mapping Portal (OMACAMP) Project.
- OKLAHOMA AIRPORT SYSTEM PLAN UPDATE – Nick Young, Aviation Program Manager
The Commission will be briefed on the status of the Oklahoma Airport System Plan project.
- Aircraft Pilot and Passenger Protection act (APPPA) Update – Nick Young
The Commission will be briefed on APPPA permit applications that have been made since the December 2020 meeting.
- LEGISLATIVE, CONGRESSIONAL AND REGULATORY UPDATE — Director Ardies and Sandra Shelton, Communications and Government Affairs Coordinator
The Commission will be briefed on legislation and public policy issues concerning airports, aviation and aerospace and Commission legislative initiatives for the 2021 Legislative session.
- 2021 Legislative Session
- Congressional Update – COVID-19 and Omnibus Appropriations Bill
- AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM UPDATE — Director Ardies; Ben Naghavi, Airports Engineer
- The Commission will be briefed on a change order to state grant 80F-20-S for a 700’ runway extension at Antlers Municipal Airport. The change order is needed due to a slight overrun on construction. The additional cost will be $381.57 and will be funded with $362.49 of state grant funds and $19.08 of sponsor matching funds.
- The Commission will consider approving the design costs for a project that is currently identified in the Commission’s approved Airport Construction Program at Kingfisher Airport. The project consists of reconstructing the taxilanes and apron area. The estimated cost of the design phase of the project is $39,300 and will be funded with $37,335 of state grant funds and $1,965 of sponsor matching funds.
- EXPECTED PROJECTS FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2021 — Nick Young
The Commission will be briefed on upcoming airport projects that will likely be granted for calendar year 2021.
15. REVIEW OF UPCOMING AVIATION AND AEROSPACE EVENTS — Sandra Shelton
The Commission will be briefed on upcoming events around the state.
16. CONCLUDING REMARKS REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS — Director Ardies and Commissioners
17. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING — Chairman Jim Putnam
The Commission will announce the date, time and place for the next Commission meeting.
18. NEW BUSINESS (“any matter not known about or which could not be reasonably foreseen 24 hours before the meeting”)
This notice was posted prominently and publicly at the principal offices of the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission at 110 N. Robinson, Suite 200, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation at 200 NE 21st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 at 2:00 p.m. Monday, January 11, 2021, and the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission website at 2:00 p.m. Monday, January 11, 2021.
Chief of Staff