OKLAHOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11, 2020, AT 10 AM
OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
FIRST FLOOR COMMISSION ROOM
200 NE 21ST STREET
OKLAHOMA CITY OK
- Announcement of COMPLIANCE WITH THE OPEN MEETING AcT, filing of meeting notice, and posting of the agenda — Chairman Dave Amis, III, Sandra Shelton, Public & Government Affairs Liaison
- CALL TO ORDER AND RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT — Chairman Dave Amis, III and Andrea Post, Executive Assistant to Director Bird
- APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING FROM FEBRUARY 12, 2020 — Chairman Dave Amis, III
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT— Commissioner Kevin Potter, District 1; Director Victor Bird
- Aero Caucus Meeting
- Interview with Nik Coleman for Documentary project
- MD-80 Ceremony at Metro Tech
- NASAO Legislative Conference/DC Delegation Visits
- American Airlines $550M Investment Announcement
5. FINANCIAL REPORT — Chris Wadsworth, Finance and Office Manager
The Commission will be briefed on current budget figures for FY2020.
6. SPONSORSHIP UP TO $1000 FOR AERO OKLAHOMA AVIATION & AEROSPACE CAPITOL DAY EXPENSES—Director Bird, Sandra Shelton, Public and Government Affairs Liaison
Consideration of approving up to $1000 in event expenses for AERO Oklahoma Aviation & Aerospace Capitol Day.
7. LEGISLATIVE, CONGRESSIONAL AND REGULATORY UPDATE — Director Bird, Sandra Shelton
The Commission will be briefed on legislation and public policy issues concerning airports, aviation and aerospace and Commission legislative initiatives for the 2020 Legislative session.
- Remove the $4.5 million cap on Aircraft Excise Tax Revenue (SB 1157)
- Engineer Tax Credits Clean Up Language (SB 1461)
- UAS Registry (SB 1553)
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Development Act (SB 1896, SB 1489)
- Air Service Development Pilot Program (SB 1826)
- Other Aerospace/Aviation Legislation
8. OKLAHOMA MILITARY AIRSPACE COMPATABILITY ASSESSMENT MAPPING PORTAL (OMACAMP) — Grayson Ardies, Deputy Director
The Commission will be briefed on the request for proposal (RFP) process that has been ongoing and consider authorizing the Director to enter into a contract for the OMACAMP project.
9. FIVE-YEAR AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM — Grayson Ardies, Deputy Director
The Commission will be briefed on the projects being recommended for inclusion in the Commission’s FY2021-2025 Airport Construction Program (ACP). The Commission’s ACP is the programming guide for federal, state, and local funds for airport development consistent with the Oklahoma Airport System Plan. Staff requests that the ACP move into the public comment phase. The ACP will be presented to the Commission for formal approval during the May Commission meeting.
10. AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION GRANT PROGRAM — Grayson Ardies
A. The Commission will consider approving a state grant for a project that is currently identified in the Commission’s approved Airport Construction Program at Chickasha Municipal Airport. The project consists of rehabilitating the runway lighting, PAPIs, Beacon and signage. Based on bids, the total project cost is $473,710 and will be funded with $450,024 of state grant funds and $23,686 of sponsor matching funds. An approval is contingent upon the Commission receiving an acceptable grant application.
- The Commission will consider approving a state grant for a project that is currently identified in the Commission’s approved Airport Construction Program at Weatherford Thomas P. Stafford Airport. The project consists of installing a new AWOS. Based on bids, the total project cost is $136,696 and will be funded with $129,861 of state grant funds and $6,835 of sponsor matching funds. An approval is contingent upon the Commission receiving an acceptable grant application.
11. ADMINISTRATIVE RULES FOR THE OKLAHOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION — Grayson Ardies
- The Commission will consider approving the recommended changes to the agency’s administrative rules regarding the OAC Airport Grant Program. The changes will help clarify and ensure efficiency with the airport grant program and are intended to make the administrative process more easily understood by those airports and communities receiving grant funding from OAC.
- The Commission will consider approving permanent rules regarding the agency’s Wind Energy Regulations. The permanent rule will set the requirements and procedures to be followed as a result of House Bill 2118 and will replace the emergency rules currently in effect.
12. OKLAHOMA COMMANDERS SUMMIT — Grayson Ardies
Commissioners will be briefed on the 2020 Oklahoma Commanders Summit at Altus Air Force Base, February 3-4.
13. AVIATION ART CONTEST — Sandra Shelton
Commissioners will be briefed on the 2020 State Aviation Art Contest. This year’s contest theme was “Flying Yesterday and Tomorrow.” The entries for 2020 accounted for 956 entries and 84 schools across the state. A ceremony for the participating and winning students will be held in March in the Oklahoma State Senate Chamber.
14. REVIEW OF UPCOMING AVIATION AND AEROSPACE EVENTS — Sandra Shelton
Commissioners will be briefed on upcoming events through the state.
15. CONCLUDING REMARKS REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS — Director Bird and Commissioners
16. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING — Chairman Dave Amis, III
The Commission will announce the date, time and place for the next Commission meeting.
17. NEW BUSINESS (“any matter not known about or which could not be reasonably foreseen 24 hours before the meeting”)
This notice was posted prominently and publicly at the principal offices of the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission at 110 N. Robinson, Suite 200, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102 and the Oklahoma Department of Transportation at 200 NE 21st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 at [Date and Time].
Public and Government Affairs Liaison
3.10.2020 8:56 AM