1. SUCCESSION TO THE OFFICE OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN— Director Bird
Due to the appointment of a new 4th Congressional District Commissioner, Vice Chairman Conway will now become Chairman. Secretary Potter will become Vice Chairman. There will be an election for Secretary.
2. ANNOUNCEMENT OF COMPLIANCE WITH THE OPEN MEETING ACT, FILING OF MEETING NOTICE, AND POSTING OF THE AGENDA — Chairman David Conway
3. INTRODUCTION OF NEW FOURTH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT COMMISSIONER, LINDY RITZ — Chairman David Conway and Director Bird
4. CALL TO ORDER AND RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT —Chairman David Conway
5. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING DECEMBER 6, 2017 — Chairman David Conway
6. RECOGNITION OF FORMER 4th CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT COMMISSIONER WES STUCKY — Chairman David Conway and Director Bird
The Commission will recognize former Commissioner Wes Stucky for his dedicated service to the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission from December 8, 1999 through December 31, 2017.
7. CHANGING TERMS OF ELECTED OFFICES — Director Bird
Commissioners will consider changing the term of the Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Secretary to the calendar year instead of the fiscal year.
8. ELECTION OF SECRETARY— Chairman David Conway
Commissioners will elect a new Secretary.
9. FINANCIAL REPORT— Jane Mitchell
The Commission will be briefed on the current budget figures for FY 2018.
10. PARTNERSHIPS/SPONSORSHIPS WITH THE OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND OTHER STATE/LOCAL ENTITIES - Victor Bird
A. 2018 MRO America Conference scheduled for April 10-12. The funding request is for up to $5,000.
B. 2018 Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems International Conference scheduled April 30-May 3. The funding request is for up to $5,000.
11. LEGISLATIVE, CONGRESSIONAL AND REGULATORY UPDATE — Victor Bird, Sandra Shelton
The Commission will be briefed on legislation and public policy issues concerning airports, aviation and aerospace in the state.
A. 2018 Legislative Initiatives
1. SB 477 protecting military training airspace (continued)
2. HB 2553 aircraft excise tax charter exemption fairness (continued)
3. SB 705 raising the cap on aircraft excise tax revenue (continued)
B. FAA Reauthorization and appropriation
C. SB 230 Women in Aviation and Aerospace Day, December 9th
12. PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING FOR THE OKLAHOMA AIRPORT SYSTEM — Grayson Ardies, Manager, Airport Development Division
The Commission will be briefed on the planning process for the Oklahoma Airport System and how the 3-Year Capital Improvement Program is determined.
13. CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT GRANT PROGRAM/AIRPORT ENGINEERING PROCESS — Dale Williams, Deputy Director, Airports
The Commission will be briefed on the process of airport grant administration and engineering.
14. THREE-YEAR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM — Grayson Ardies
The Commission will consider approving an amendment to the Three-year Capital Improvement Program that will add an FY 2018 project at the Will Rogers World Airport (Oklahoma City) to strengthen apron pavement in the hangar area just east of Runway 17R/35L. The total project cost is estimated to be $500,000 and will be funded with $250,000 of state grant funds and $250,000 of local matching funds.
15. PAVEMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM PROGRAM — Grayson Ardies
The Commission’s existing pavement management system was created in 1999/2000. The system is outdated and needs to be updated to ensure that the Commission can continue to provide valuable pavement condition data to federal, state, and local officials to assist with the planning and programming of pavement projects. The Commission has conducted an RFQ, selected the highest ranked consultant, and negotiated a scope and fee for the project. The Commission will consider approving a contract with the selected consultant for the new airport pavement management system.
16. OKLAHOMA AIRPORT OPERATORS ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP — Grayson Ardies
The Commission will consider renewing its annual membership in the Oklahoma Airport Operators Association (OAOA) for FY2018 and serving as a sponsor for the OAOA Annual Conference, April 29-May 2, 2018, in Tulsa.
17. ADMINISTRATIVE RULES FOR THE OKLAHOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION — Grayson Ardies
A. The Commission will be updated on recommended changes to the agency's administrative rules regarding the Aircraft Pilot and Passenger Protection Act. The changes will update the administrative rules to ensure they are in line with statutory changes passed in HB 2179.
B. The Commission will be updated on recommended changes to the agency's administrative rules regarding the Capital Improvement Program (CIP). The changes will move the CIP from a three year to a five year program.
C. The Commission will be updated on recommended changes to the agency's administrative rules regarding the Airport Grant Program. The changes will update the Airport Grant Program rules and create a list of the airport infrastructure items that can be funded by the program.
18. AIRCRAFT PILOT AND PASSENGER PROTECTION ACT (APPPA) — Catherine Taber
Commissioners will be briefed on the number of APPPA permits that have been issued or denied, and other APPPA actions that have occurred since the July 19, 2017, Commission meeting.
19. AVIATION ART CONTEST — Sandra Shelton
Commissioners will be briefed on the 2018 State Aviation Art Contest.
20. AVIATION AND AEROSPACE EVENTS REPORT — Sandra Shelton
Commissioners will be briefed on upcoming aviation and aerospace events.
21. CONCLUDING REMARKS REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS — Victor Bird and Commissioners
22. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING — Chairman David Conway
The Commission will announce the date, time and place for the next Commission meeting.
23. NEW BUSINESS (“any matter not known about or which could not be reasonably foreseen 24 hours before the meeting”)