OKLAHOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING
WEDNESDAY, December 2, 2020, AT 10 AM
Oklahoma Department of Transportation
First Floor Commission room
200 NE 21ST STREET, OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Phone: 1-408-638-0968, Webinar ID: 835 7172 8376
- Announcement of COMPLIANCE WITH THE OPEN MEETING AcT, filing of meeting notice, and posting of the agenda — Chairman Dave Amis, III, Chris Wadsworth, Chief Operations Officer
Pursuant to the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, this meeting shall be held with a quorum of commissioners present at the Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) First Floor Conference Room, 200 NE 21st Street in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The in-person meeting space for commissioners at ODOT will follow CDC guidelines and be socially distanced to maintain a safe environment in light of COVID-19. In accordance with Governor Kevin Stitt’s executive orders, anyone entering a state agency building is required to wear a face mask. Only a very limited number of staff will physically be in the commission room to uphold social distancing requirements.
Meeting presenters, members of the public, and guests are encouraged to attend virtually by way of the following:
Phone: 1-408-638-0968, Webinar ID: 835 7172 8376
Streaming video: https://video.ibm.com/channel/CKEfwftDGHz
The public may access the Meeting agenda and materials relied upon by the Commissioners at: www.oac.ok.gov
- CALL TO ORDER AND RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT — Chairman Dave Amis, III and Andrea Post, Executive Assistant to Director Grayson Ardies
- APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING FROM October 14, 2020 — Chairman Dave Amis, III and Andrea Post
- Election of Officers for Calendar Year 2021 – Chairman Dave Amis
The Commission will select a new chairman, vice chairman, and secretary who will serve during calendar year 2021.
- Introduction of New Assistant Attorney General John Settle —Grayson Ardies, Director of Aeronautics
The Commission will be informed regarding the agency’s new assistant Attorney General John Settle.
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT— Director Ardies
- Interim Studies on Air Service Development and UAS – Oct. 21
- Incentive Evaluation Commission Meetings – Oct. 22, Nov. 12
- Oklahoma News Report Roundtable – Oct. 22
- MRO TransAtlantic Conference – Oct. 27-29
- Oklahoma Commanders Summit – Nov. 5
- Tulsa Regional Chamber’s Aerospace Council Meeting – Nov. 6
- Stafford Air Force Base Regional Development Alliance Meeting – Nov. 12
- United States Contract Tower Association Board Meeting – Nov. 18
7. FINANCIAL REPORT — Chris Wadsworth, Chief Operations Officer
The Commission will be briefed on current budget figures for FY2021.
- Airport strategic planning meetings – Director Ardies and Nick Young, Aviation Program Manager
The Commission will be briefed on strategic planning meetings that have occurred between OAC staff and various airport representatives.
- Meeting with Enid-Woodring Airport – Oct. 23
- Meeting about Bristow Jones Memorial Airport – Nov. 3
- Meeting with Duncan Halliburton Airport – Nov. 9
9. LEGISLATIVE, CONGRESSIONAL AND REGULATORY UPDATE — Director Ardies and Sandra Shelton, Communications and Government Affairs Coordinator
The Commission will be briefed on legislation and public policy issues concerning airports, aviation and aerospace and Commission legislative initiatives for the 2021 Legislative session.
- 2021 Legislative Session
- Congressional Update
10. AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM update — Director Ardies and Ben Naghavi, Airport Engineer
The Commission will be briefed on the projects in the Airport Construction Program that were completed during 2020 and given an update on the year’s planning and programming efforts for Federal and State funded projects.
The Commission will be briefed on the new Airport Pavement Management System that will be completed in the upcoming months.
The Commission will be briefed on the number of APPPA permits that have been issued or denied, and other APPPA actions that have occurred since the December 11, 2019 Commission meeting.
13. Wind Energy Development Act Compliance – Nick Young
The Commission will be briefed on the 2020 submittals in compliance with Title 17 requirements.
14. INTERNATIONAL AVIATION ART CONTEST UPDATE — Sandra Shelton
The Commission will be briefed about the 2021 Oklahoma International Aviation Art Contest, which is annually sponsored by the Aeronautics Commission.
15. AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM UPDATE — Director Ardies; Ben Naghavi
The Commission will be briefed on a change order to state grant 4O4-20-S for rehabilitating the Automated Weather Observation System at McCurtain County Regional Airport (Idabel). The change order will allow for a permanent survey monument installation for wind calibration. The additional cost will be $2,500 and will be funded with $2,375 of state grant funds and $125 of sponsor matching funds.
The Commission will consider approval to apply for two grant opportunities created by Section 625 of the Federal Aviation Association (FAA) Reauthorization Act of 2018. The Aircraft Pilots Workforce Development Grant Program offers a $500,000 grant opportunity for entities wishing to develop programs that will work to increase the pilot workforce. The Workforce Development Grant Program for Aviation Maintenance Technical Workers offers $500,000 for entities working to increase interest and to prepare students to pursue aviation maintenance careers. The OAC plans to partner with the FAA Center of Excellence for Technical Training and Human Performance, the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education, secondary and post-secondary institutions, tribal entities, and aerospace industries in the development of the grants.
17. 2021 COMMISSION MEETINGS — Chris Wadsworth
The Commission will discuss and consider approving the time, date and place for its regularly scheduled meetings for calendar year 2021. Oklahoma law requires public bodies to give notice in writing by Dec. 15 of each calendar year of the schedule showing the date, time and place of the regularly scheduled meetings of such public bodies for the following calendar year. The proposed 2021 dates are as follows and the proposed time is 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- Wednesday, May 12, 2021
- Wednesday, July 14, 2021
- Wednesday, August 11, 2021
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021
18. REVIEW OF UPCOMING AVIATION AND AEROSPACE EVENTS — Sandra Shelton
The Commission will be briefed on upcoming events around the state.
19. CONCLUDING REMARKS REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS — Director Ardies and Commissioners
20. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING — Chairman Dave Amis, III
The Commission will announce the date, time and place for the next Commission meeting.
21. NEW BUSINESS (“any matter not known about or which could not be reasonably foreseen 24 hours before the meeting”)
This notice was posted prominently and publicly at the principal offices of the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission at 110 N. Robinson, Suite 200, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation at 200 NE 21st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 at 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 1, 2020, and the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission website at 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
Chief Operations Officer
11.30.2020 4:30 PM