1. Announcement of COMPLIANCE WITH THE OPEN MEETING AcT, filing of meeting notice, and posting of the agenda — Chairman
Jim Putnam and Chris Wadsworth, Chief of Staff
Pursuant to the Open Meeting Act, as amended by Senate Bill 1031, this meeting shall be held by way of videoconference and teleconference. There will be no physical site for this meeting. Commissioners will participate in the meeting by videoconference and in the event of a videoconferencing failure by teleconference. The participating Commissioners are:
Kevin Potter (Congressional District 1)
David Conway (Congressional District 2)
Charles Ortega (Congressional District 3)
Lindy Ritz (Congressional District 4)
Blake Raney (Congressional District 5)
James Putnam (At-large)
Jerry Hunter (At-large)
There will be two options for the public to access this Meeting: 1) Internet link to the video connection (Zoom meeting) and 2) a muted public access teleconference number. Please see options below for public access to this meeting.
The public may access this Meeting by way of the following:
Webinar ID: 822 9455 7291
Phone: +1-346-248-7799; Meeting ID: 822 9455 7291
The public may access the Meeting agenda and materials relied upon by the Commissioners at: www.oac.ok.gov
The public access will be monitored by the Commission to ensure that if the audio connection of any Commissioner is lost or interrupted, the Meeting will be stopped and not resumed until an audio connection is restored. In such a circumstance, if the audio connection is not restored within thirty (30) minutes, the Meeting will be adjourned and shall be reconvened at 1:30 pm on March 10, 2021. If an audio connection cannot be restored at that time, the meeting shall be reconvened on March 11, 2021, at 10:00 am. If the audio connection is not restored at this time within 30 minutes, there will be another attempt to reconvene the meeting at 1:30 pm, on March 11, 2021. This pattern will repeat until an audio connection is restored. This meeting shall be electronically recorded.
- CALL TO ORDER AND RECORDING OF MEMBERS PRESENT AND ABSENT — Chairman Jim Putnam and Andrea Post, Executive Assistant to Director Ardies
- APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE AERONAUTICS COMMISSION MEETING FROM January 13, 2021 — Chairman Jim Putnam
- DIRECTOR’S REPORT— Grayson Ardies, State Director of Aeronautics
- Presentations and Roundtables:
- “Trends & Employment Opportunities in Aerospace” hosted by CareerTech
- “Business of Aerospace” hosted by Tinker Business & Industrial Park
- “Key Local Contacts” hosted by Oklahoma Airport Operators Association
- Sand Springs Airport; AAIC, Owasso; Carter Aerospace, Skiatook
- Covington Aircraft; Okmulgee Schools & CareerTech Officials
- Chickasha Airport
- OAC & FAA webinars for Oklahoma Airport Sponsors and Consultants
- NASAO Legislative Conference
- Senator Inhofe’s Legislative Staff
- US Contract Tower Association Board Meeting
5. AVIATION AND AEROSPACE EDUCATION OUTREACH REPORT – Paula Kedy, Aviation and Aerospace Education Coordinator
The Commission will be briefed on the work being done to promote the implementation of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) “You Can Fly” High School Aviation Curriculum throughout Oklahoma.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT — Chris Wadsworth
The Commission will be briefed on current budget figures for FY2021.
7. Transportation Modernization Initiative Update — Director Ardies, Chris Wadsworth
The Commission will be briefed on the current state analysis and steps forward regarding the Transportation Modernization Initiative.
8. LEGISLATIVE, CONGRESSIONAL AND REGULATORY UPDATE — Director Ardies; Sandra Shelton, Communications and Government Affairs Coordinator
The Commission will be briefed on legislation and public policy issues concerning airports, aviation and aerospace and Commission legislative initiatives for the 2021 Legislative session.
- 2021 Legislative Session
- Remove the $4.5 million cap on Aircraft Excise Tax Revenue (SB 258, HB 2257)
- Engineer Tax Credits Clean Up Language (SB 266, SB 893)
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems Development Act (SB 659, HB 2174)
- Other Aerospace/Aviation Legislation
- Congressional Update
- American Rescue Plan
- CONTRACT Act
9. PARTNERSHIP/SPONSORSHIP WITH THE OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE FOR THE MRO AMERICAS – Director Ardies
2021 MRO Americas in Orlando, Florida, is scheduled for April 27 – April 29, 2021. The funding request is for $5,000.
10. PARTNERSHIP/SPONSORSHIP WITH THE OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE FOR AUVSI XPONENTIAL – Director Ardies
2021 AUVSI XPonential will offer both a virtual conference May 4-6, 2021, and a live event August 16-19, 2021, in Atlanta, Georgia. The funding request is for $5,000 and includes opportunities to attend both events as an exhibitor.
11. FIVE-YEAR AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM — Nick Young, Aviation Program Manager
The Commission will be briefed on the projects being recommended for inclusion in the Commission’s Fiscal Year 2022-2026 Airport Construction Program (ACP). The Commission’s ACP is the programming guide for federal, state, and local funds for airport development consistent with the Oklahoma Airport System Plan. Staff requests that the ACP move into the public comment phase. The ACP will be presented to the Commission for formal approval during the May Commission meeting.
12. AIRPORT CONSTRUCTION GRANT PROGRAM — Ben Naghavi, Airport Engineer
A. The Commission will be briefed on a change order to a project for rehabilitating the runway, taxiway, and apron pavements, installing runway lights, PAPIs, and a beacon and removing obstructions at Carlton Landing Field. The change order will allow for gravel to be placed around the PAPIs and for the placement of sod and regrading around the electrical vault. The change order will not increase the Commission’s previously approved share.
B. The Commission will be briefed on a change order to state grant 92F-20-S for rehabilitating the runway, connector taxiway, and apron pavements and installing LED runway lights at Sky Harbor Airport (Chattanooga). The change order will allow funds leftover from the installation of the taxiway lights to be used for additional crack sealing of the apron. The change order will not increase the Commission’s previously approved share.
13. ADMINISTRATIVE RULES FOR THE OKLAHOMA AERONAUTICS COMMISSION — Michelle Bouziden, Grants Administrator
The Commission will consider approving the recommended changes to the agency’s administrative rules regarding Commission operations. These changes will help clarify and ensure efficiency within the Commission’s operations pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order 2020-3 which asked agencies to cleanup unnecessary language.
14. REVIEW OF UPCOMING AVIATION AND AEROSPACE EVENTS — Sandra Shelton
Commissioners will be briefed on upcoming events through the state.
15. CONCLUDING REMARKS REGARDING AGENDA ITEMS — Director Ardies and Commissioners
16. ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEXT MEETING — Chairman Jim Putnam
The Commission will announce the date, time and place for the next Commission meeting.
17. NEW BUSINESS (“any matter not known about or which could not be reasonably foreseen 24 hours before the meeting”)
This notice was posted prominently and publicly at the principal offices of the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission at 110 N. Robinson, Suite 200, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73102 and the Oklahoma Department of Transportation at 200 NE 21st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 at [Date and Time], and the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission website at [Date and Time].
Chief of Staff